Sunday, January 6, 2008

He's just not that into you...

After more flip-flopping than John Kerry at a 2004 presidential debate, I decided that the only thing to do is erase MB's number. Despite his promise to call "right back", 3 days have elapsed and all I hear are crickets in the breeze. My friends are of the opinion that he will call back on some random day and act like we just got off the phone yesterday and no time has passed. I, personally, can't stand that kind of thing. Maybe I shouldn't be so disturbed, but I am completely annoyed by this situation. Part of me wants to pre-empt things and just leave him a message saying "yeah....don't bother calling me back....ever. Thanks." Even though that would be admitting that I thought about him more than a little bit, and it totally defies the bitch mentality, it would definitely prevent repeat performances (and it would keep me from wondering about things).

*Sigh* but I'm going to be an adult and just let it go. Relax. Relate. Release.

There are a few lessons here though: #1- Next time I go out, I need to talk to a bunch of people. #2- Stick with my gut instinct. Although I initially thought MB was cool, when he started off by texting instead of calling, I kinda figured that he wasn't really interested, but was just trying to keep me as an "option". My friends convinced me that I was being too hard on him and that I should give him a second chance. Although I'm not a pessimist, I am a realist and I believe that if you need a "second chance" before you even made it to a first date, then that's a sign of trouble. When a person is truly interested, nothing, and I mean NOTHING will stand in the way of them getting to know you. They will be breaking their backs to make and maintain contact and show their interest, not disappearing for periods of time and leaving you wondering.

1 comment:

QSays said...

Although you're getting better, you really need to put less stock in the phrase "I'll call you later".